Sabena Engineering is a leading independent and international aviation solutions provider for civil and military operators. Our capabilities cover the main aircraft types, including Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed, regional and military aircraft and rotor aircraft. With our unique and innovative solutions to both regular and complex needs, Sabena Engineering is all set to grow as a worldwide proximity partner, bringing its expertise wherever needed.
Sabena Aerospace & SABCA are part of a unique industrial ecosystem in the Belgian aerospace industry which is owned by Sabena Aerospace (holding company) and by the Société Fédérale de Participations et d’Investissements (SFPI/FPIM).
Role of corporate stagiaire
Reporting to the Associate Chief of Staff, you will engage directly with the CoS team and the rest of the organization on strategic exercises as well as operational follow-up, examples could include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and implementation of corporate initiatives to drive growth and improve profitability, e.g.:
- Evaluate the current logistical and determine cost saving improvements
- Define the business case for the purchase of new equipment
- Define project roadmaps/timeline based in input from key stakeholders
- Create KPI dashboards based on available to track key performance of different activities within the organization
- Conduct research and analysis on industry trends, competitor activities, and market opportunities to inform strategic decision-making.
- Support the preparation of reports, presentations, and other materials for senior management meetings, e.g.:
for this full-time internship position will be a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 6 months, depending on the candidate’s availability and performance.
- Acquired bachelor degree and currently enrolled in an accredited master program in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field
- No specific working experience required, but experience from a first internship is a plus;
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry is a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint in particular)
- Other relevant applications or programming languages are considered a plus e.g.:
- Language skills: fluency in English and either Dutch or French;
Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to tick every box from the beginning. Most of all: we are looking for a colleague with a passion for data as well as personal and professional development!
What’s in it for you?
As an intern in the aerospace sector at our company, you can expect to gain valuable experience and knowledge that will set you apart in your future career. Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect:
- Hands-on experience in the Aviation industry: As an intern, you’ll work on real projects that have a direct value for the business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with experienced professionals in the field and gain practical experience in the sector.
- Professional Development: Our company is committed to helping you grow and develop as a professional. You’ll have access to a wide range of training and development opportunities and will be assigned a mentor that will help you with your project and provide personalized trainings for the most important soft and hard skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and presentation skills, data analysis)
- Networking: You’ll have the chance to build relationships with professionals in the aerospace industry, including executives, engineers, and technicians. This will allow you to expand your professional network and gain valuable contacts for your future career.
- Potential for Future Employment: Many of our interns are offered full-time positions after completing their internships. By working hard and demonstrating your skills and potential, you could be offered a permanent position within our company.
Overall, our internship program in the aerospace sector provides a unique opportunity for you to gain valuable skills and experience, build your professional network, and potentially launch your career in a dynamic and exciting industry