As Customs Officer at Sabena Engineering you will be part of the logistic team. You will be responsible for the management of every worldwide transport type and for the administrative preparation of the transport. You will work in close collaboration with the rest of the team and will apply the processes to secure transportation efficiency. You will work in an international environment and ensure the highest quality customs support. You will report to the team leader logistics.
Your Main responsibilities
As a customs officer at Sabena Engineering, it is mandatory that you have a solid knowledge of customs and excise. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing all requests for all worldwide transport types for Inbound/outbound and the related question from internal departments on transport conditions, packing, customs requirements. Keeping them informed on new import/export contract or regulation.
- Using of each forwarders’ web interfaces and handling their invoices.
- Packing + labelling ad hoc, regarding goods (type & size), transport type (road, air, train, sea), country destination.
- Packing sheet via program or manually.
- Providing all documents according to the shipment type and goods type.
- Keeping internal department informed on their transport status + transport invoicing.
- Answering to question of our customers on their transport status – using of their specific reporting procedure/tool.
- RFQ for sales department, etc.
- Close collaboration with all Sabena Engineering departments.
- Knowledge of Intrastat codes and documents requested for T1 transit status.
- Documents classification & archiving.
- You have a solid experience in all customs related topics (excises, documentation, requests…)
- You will have frequent interactions with the Flemish douane agency where a perfect knowledge of Dutch is required, and a knowledge of English and French is a plus.
- You are result-oriented, quality-driven and customer oriented.
- You are dynamic, stress resistant and can work independently.
- You are a real team player.
- You have already used an ERP system (SAP is a plus) and you can work with MS office.
- We offer you a fixed contract
- You will receive a competitive salary with fringe benefits (meal vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance…).
- You will benefit from 20 days of paid holiday + 12 compensation days.
- We offer you the opportunity to join a growing company where you will develop your skillset to contribute to the company success.