Sabena Aerospace Engineering is a leading independent and international aviation solutions provider for civil and military operators. Our capabilities cover the main aircraft types, including Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed, regional and military aircraft and rotor aircraft. With our unique and innovative solutions to both regular and complex needs, Sabena Aerospace Engineering is all set to grow as a worldwide proximity partner, bringing its expertise wherever needed.
Sabca offers a full range of services to the civil, space and military aviation markets and recently expanded into the commercial Unmanned Autonomous Systems market as an integrator of aerospace-grade solutions for the industry.
Sabena Aerospace & Sabca are part of a unique industrial ecosystem in the Belgian aerospace industry which is owned by Sabena Aerospace (holding company) and by the Société Fédérale de Participations et d’Investissements (SFPI/FPIM).
Join the Aerospace family, which is passionate about aviation and fully dedicated to its success. Within our organization, everyone contributes to our target to meet our customers’ needs, with their own expertise and their responsible behaviour.
Have the great opportunity to contribute with us to bringing aviation expertise wherever needed. Benefit from a competitive package and develop your skillset to contribute to the company’s success.
- Approve and oversee maintenance planning for military and civil aircrafts.
- Identify the necessary budgets and investments, taking into account the requirements of the department, in order to keep the maintenance operational.
- Provide feedback of operational information to the team leaders.
- Follow up the procedures, take the necessary measures in case of deviations.
- Identify and implement actions to improve quality, safety and production costs.
- Where appropriate, and with the support of the team, lead the SQCDP (Security, Quality, Cost, Delay, Personnel) meetings and ensure the implementation of related actions.
- Follow up the KPIs and take the necessary corrective actions.
- Maintaining daily contacts with other departments, depending on operational needs.
- Determine staffing needs based on production planning and participate in the selection and reception of new employees.
- Supervise, motivate and encourage the team.
- Manage the team’s skills and assignments
- In cooperation with the team, determine the training needs per production unit.
- Evaluate the performance of employees in the production unit on a daily basis.
- Being flexible according to the needs of production.
- Ensuring the respect of the rules 5S, FOD, MOE, etc.
- Ensuring the respect and improvement of the safety rules.
- Engineer degree or equivalent through experience.
- Relevant experience in Aircraft maintenance with a good understanding of technical matters.
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to manage a team of middle managers (team leaders / inspectors). Assertive, good communication skills.
- Facilitator of collaboration between different departments.
- Fluent in Dutch & French and have a good knowledge of the English language.
- Safety mind-set (leading by example).
- Autonomous personality.
- Result, data & process driven.
- Stress resistant, hands-on mentality, flexible mind-set.