Sabena Engineering is a leading independent and international aviation solutions provider for civil and military operators. Our capabilities cover the main aircraft types, including Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed, regional and military aircraft and rotor aircraft. With our unique and innovative solutions to both regular and complex needs, Sabena Engineering is all set to grow as a worldwide proximity partner, bringing its expertise wherever needed.
Sabena Engineering & SABCA are part of a unique industrial ecosystem in the Belgian aerospace industry which is owned by Sabena Aerospace (holding company) and by the Société Fédérale de Participations et d’Investissements (SFPI/FPIM).
Are you ready to join us?
Your Main Responsibilities:
In this senior role, you will coach Nominated persons and Compliance and Safety Ambassadors to achieve practical, efficient, compliance, and safety improvements within their operational domains :
- You prepare and facilitate continuous improvement project planning based on SRB objectives, audit inputs (internal, customers, authorities, ISO), safety reporting, and input from personnel.
- You develop process mapping for each project and ensure implementation with the relevant Compliance and Safety Ambassadors and Nominated persons.
- You provide guidance, coaching, and supervision to ambassadors and operational teams in alignment with approved continuous improvement projects.
- You evaluate the efficiency and flexibility of improvements and related processes, focusing on incremental enhancements of products, services, and processes.
- You provide regular feedback to all stakeholders, including operational and Compliance/Safety Department members, and acknowledge collective efforts.
- You serve as the process owner for the Emergency Response Plan and the Business Continuity Plan, ensuring their effectiveness and compliance.
Your Profile :
- A master’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience in a similar operational environment.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in an aviation environment.
- In-depth knowledge of improvement projects and related tools and techniques (e.g., 6S, Kaizen, 8D, etc.).
Preferred Qualifications :
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to connect with individuals.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Proficiency in coordinating meetings, problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Change management expertise.
Our Offer :
- Join the Sabena Engineering family, which is passionate about aviation and fully dedicated to its success. Within our organization, everyone contributes to our target to meet our customers’ needs, with their own expertise and their responsible behaviour.
- Have the great opportunity to contribute with us to bringing aviation expertise wherever needed.
- Benefit from a competitive package and develop your skillset to contribute to the company’s success.