Sabena Engineering is a leading independent and international aviation solutions provider for civil and military operators. Our capabilities cover the main aircraft types, including Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed, regional and military aircraft and rotor aircraft. With our unique and innovative solutions to both regular and complex needs, Sabena Engineering is all set to grow as a worldwide proximity partner, bringing its expertise wherever needed.
SABCA offers a full range of services to the civil, space and military aviation markets and recently expanded into the commercial Unmanned Autonomous Systems market as an integrator of aerospace-grade solutions for the industry.
Sabena Engineering & SABCA are part of a unique industrial ecosystem in the Belgian aerospace industry which is owned by Sabena Aerospace (holding company) and by the Société Fédérale de Participations et d’Investissements (SFPI/FPIM).
Are you ready to join us?
Your Main Responsibilities:
- You collaborate within the local business unit, engaging with direct reports, team leaders, and staff while acting as a liaison to the Safety and Compliance Team.
- You conduct regular internal surveys and prepare some internal/external audits to ensure the continuous assurance of safety and compliance within the department.
- You encode ‘critical’ assigned ‘constats’ made within the business unit into the dedicated reporting format for the Safety Management System.
- You prepare, encode and ensure timely treatment of the department’s responses to staged compliance and safety action requests.
- You coordinate and support the department’s Hazard identification, Management of Change and Human Factor Investigations.
- You coordinate and assist in continuous improvement projects initiated by and under the coaching of the continuous improvement project manager. Review the effectiveness of implemented improvements and provide feedback within the safety action group of the operational area.
- You assist in the creation and management of performance indicators for the operational area and deliver BU Safety Performance Indicators’ data visualization to Compliance and Safety meetings, aligning with colleagues. You are as well responsible for the overall department’s Action Group administration.
- You promote Safety and Compliance information as per the guidelines of the Action Groups, the Review Board and Compliance and Safety procedures within the business unit.
- Whilst reporting to him, you assist the Nominated person in administration, manpower planning, and project implementation.
- You coordinate the department’s procedures development and assist in the training and implementation thereof.
Your Profile :
- A master’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience in a similar operational environment is required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English, French and/or Dutch are optional.
- The ability to connect effectively with people.
- Strong administrative and coordination skills.
- Proficiency in coordinating meetings and engaging with colleagues.
Our Offer :
- Join the Sabena Engineering family, which is passionate about aviation and fully dedicated to its success. Within our organization, everyone contributes to our target to meet our customers’ needs, with their own expertise and their responsible behaviour.
- Have the great opportunity to contribute with us to bringing aviation expertise wherever needed.
- Benefit from a competitive package and develop your skillset to contribute to the company’s success.