Sabena Engineering is a leading independent and international aviation solutions provider for civil and military operators. Our capabilities cover the main aircraft types, including Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed, regional and military aircraft and rotor aircraft. With our unique and innovative solutions to both regular and complex needs, Sabena Engineering is all set to grow as a worldwide proximity partner, bringing its expertise wherever needed.
Sabena Engineering & SABCA are part of a unique industrial ecosystem in the Belgian aerospace industry which is owned by Sabena Aerospace (holding company) and by the Société Fédérale de Participations et d’Investissements (SFPI/FPIM).
Sabena Engineering, as an aviation company relies on Compliance and Safety positions to ensure our products meet regulations and safety standards, guaranteeing safe aircraft operations. Our department strives to assure alignment with industry standards and our organization’s compliance framework.
We are looking to reinforce our dynamic team with compliance and safety oriented team members, eager to solve problems and a passion for aviation.
Your Main Responsibilities,
You will be part of the Safety & Compliance team of Sabena Engineering to follow up all safety and compliance topics for all operational departments. Your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the compliance/safety management system activities, including hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Perform compliance/safety audits and, issue associated reports, including monitoring implementation of corrective/preventive actions.
- Act as quality/safety point of contact for customers, internal departments and authorities, for day-to-day operations, regulatory changes and external audits
- Process external and internal occurrence reports and perform internal safety investigations to derive safety recommendations to operational departments.
- Provide support to Training – & Airframe departments by performing objective and standardised assessment of aircraft technicians’ competences.
- Prepare training material and give training related to Compliance and Safety procedures
- Support the maintenance of the approved manuals, develop/review quality/safety procedures, recommendations and solutions in close cooperation with involved department’s representatives.
- Follow-up on assigned Compliance/Safety KPIs
- Participate in projects (Continuous Improvement, regulatory scope extensions)
Your Profile :
- You have a Master degree civil or industrial engineering, or equivalent by experience
- Previous experience in MRO or Airline environment is an asset
- Previous experience in a Safety- or Compliance (auditing) environment is an asset
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and administrative skills.
- You have a keen eye for details and work precisely and analytically, with the ability to maintain independence and objectivity
- You think and act with a process- and improvement oriented mindset
- You have a dynamic and flexible attitude,
- You are fluent in English and French or Dutch with excellent communication skills.
Our Offer :
- Join the Sabena Engineering family, which is passionate about aviation and fully dedicated to its success. Within our organization, everyone contributes to our target to meet our customers’ needs, with their own expertise and their responsible behaviour.
- Have the great opportunity to contribute with us to bringing aviation expertise wherever needed.
- Benefit from a competitive package and develop your skillset to contribute to the company’s success.
- Plenty of opportunities to learn and develop in a diverse, inclusive and growing company