Sabena Engineering is a leading independent and international aviation solutions provider for civil and military operators. Our capabilities cover the main aircraft types, including Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed, regional and military aircraft and rotor aircraft. With our unique and innovative solutions to both regular and complex needs, Sabena Engineering is all set to grow as a worldwide proximity partner, bringing its expertise wherever needed.
Sabena Aerospace & SABCA are part of a unique industrial ecosystem in the Belgian aerospace industry which is owned by Sabena Aerospace (holding company) and by the Société Fédérale de Participations et d’Investissements (SFPI/FPIM).
Are you ready to join us?
Your Main Responsibilities:
You will work in the aircraft component repair shop in Haren and work together with your colleagues to ensure that the aircraft components are repaired qualitatively and meet the highest safety regulations.
Your job mainly consists of:
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings, blueprints, and instructions to fabricate, repair, and install sheet metal components for aircrafts.
- Using various hand and power tools, such as drills, rivet guns, shears, to cut, shape, and form sheet metal parts according to specifications.
- Install, align, and adjust sheet metal parts to fit with other components of the aircraft structure.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn sheet metal parts, including structural components such as flight controls, nacelles and thrust reversers
- Conduct inspections and perform preventive maintenance on sheet metal components to ensure compliance with aviation industry standards and regulations.
- Maintain an organized and safe work environment, including the proper storage and handling of tools and materials.
- Communicate effectively with team members, engineers, and other personnel to ensure the quality and timely completion of repairs and maintenance work.
Your Profile :
- You are in possession of a technical diploma or have equivalent experience
- A first experience in an industrial or aviation related environment is an advantage
- You are able to work precisely with an eye for detail
- You are able to follow the strict standards and rules in aviation
- You are flexible in your working schedule from time to time.
- You are open to learn new techniques and learn on the job
- You have a problem solving mindset, and present solutions to the team
- You speak Dutch and / or French
- You are able to read English industrial instructions
Our Offer :
- Join the Sabena Engineering family, which is passionate about aviation and fully dedicated to its success. Within our organization, everyone contributes to our target to meet our customers’ needs, with their own expertise and their responsible behaviour.
- Have the great opportunity to contribute with us to bringing aviation expertise wherever needed.
- You will have to opportunity to grow on the job and master sheet metal techniques with a tailor made training plan.
- Benefit from a competitive package and develop your skillset to contribute to the company’s success.